You are here
EzeScan's Magentic Ink Character Recognition Module (MICR)
MICR (magnetic ink character recognition) is a recognition engine that EzeScan utilises to read the MICR line characters (bank branch bsb, account number, cheque number etc) printed in magnetic ink on the bottom of bank cheque/checks. The MICR characters are read by EzeScan and passed into our KFI module for operator verification.
Features and Functionality
- It's fully integrated within the product
- The MICR module provides EzeScan KFI with the ability to perform zone based MICR
- MICR bitonal and colour images (colour images are converted to bitonal prior to MICR)
- MICR Confidence Threshold set at the zone level
- Option to enhance (darken) the zone
- Option to aggressively despeckle the zone
- Easily extract the cheque/check number, bank branch and bank account number details from the MICR line data.