You are here
EzeScan Modules add additional functionality to both EzeScan Pro and EzeScan Server. Click on a module below to find out more detailed information about what it does and how it can benefit you.
Please Note: Customers ordering additional modules for their existing EzeScan software are required to have the existing EzeScan software under active Software Maintenance cover.
The ARCHIVER module adds the ability to save scanned documents into a simple web based retrieval system. EzeScan ARCHIVER can provide multiple indexed destinations for scan output. Search and retrieve documents from a file share, selected storage media including DVD using ARCHIVER’S web browser interface. Individual ARCHIVER databases support up to 50,000 documents. ARCHIVER is included in the EzeScan UPLOAD module.
EzeScan UPLOAD now includes the new EzeScan ARCHIVER functionality. EzeScan ARCHIVER can be used to turn the output produced by EzeScan KFI into searchable media on either DVD, CD or in a file system directory. EzeScan ARCHIVER is enabled if you have purchased the EzeScan UPLOAD module. It can be found on the EzeScan UPLOAD form (under the EzeScan Archive option).
How does it work?
EzeScan UPLOAD usually takes the output produced by EzeScan KFI (Images and indexing data) and transfers them to one of the supported EDRMS systems, or an ODBC compliant database. Now with ARCHIVER this output can be transferred to a DVD, CD or file system directory in an XML format that includes a search form. The search form is implemented via an index.html form that can be displayed by web browsers like MS Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. The output produced by EzeScan ARCHIVER could be placed onto a CD or DVD for archival or distribution purposes, or placed onto a file server or web server for multi user retrieval purposes. Depending on the output media chosen, the archive can be updated to include more information as it becomes available. EzeScan ARCHIVER does not replace an existing EDRMS (Electronic Document Records Management System). It simply provides the client with more choices when capturing and distributing image based documents.
Example One: The regulators have just launched a fraud investigation. They have seized 1000 hardcopy documents from XYZ. These are scanned and indexed onsite. 2 CDs are produced using EzeScan ARCHIVER and Nero. One CD is given to the company being investigated (XYZ). The other is taken away for analysis. When the CD arrives back at the regulators office, its contents are either loaded on a web server, or into the EDRMS, so that all of the case investigators can immediately search for and view documents relating to the case.
Example Two: A small company produces 1000 bar-coded proof of delivery dockets in a month. These are currently filed as hardcopy documents by hand. The company does not have an EDRMS. Using EzeScan ARCHIVER and EzeScan BCR the dockets would be scanned and indexed into a file system directory that is accessible by the company’s customer service operators. A simple web based retrieval screen would allow the operator to search for and view any delivery docket based on its docket number.
Example Three: An Archival organisation, receives a request for electronic copies of 100 hardcopy documents currently held in the archives. The documents are scanned using EzeScan PRO, indexed with EzeScan KFI, and then archived onto a searchable CD using EzeScan ARCHIVER and Nero. The CD is sent to the client.
Ease of Use
ARCHIVER extends EzeScan’s great functionality by providing a simple method of creating a searchable archive (images and search form) that can be placed onto a CD, DVD or file system directory.
Please Note: EzeScan Archiver is a simple archive storage tool, it is not designed to be used for or as a replacement for a fully compliant Records / Document Management Solution.
Click here for the EzeScan ARCHIVER Brochure
The AUDIT module is an optional module in the EzeScan Suite. The AUDIT module can be used by an organisation wishing to capture scanning related operational auditing statistics for use in evaluating improvements in business efficiency. The AUDIT module adds the ability to capture job level auditing information. e.g. how many documents were scanned per day, by which operator, how many documents are waiting to be processed? Reports can be viewed via a web interface, saved to a folder as CSV data or sent as an email attachment.
For individual EzeScan workstations, AUDIT can provide logging of various scan operator actions. For EzeScan SERVER, AUDIT can provide logging of scan routing processing actions.
AUDIT features and functionality include;
- Generate audit reports by individual job or multiple jobs
- Generate audit reports for individual users or all users
- Options for summary or full detail reports
- Generate audit reports by Outstanding, In Progress, Deleted, Routed or Completed jobs
- Generate audit report in either html or csv format
- Send audit reports to screen, file or email
- Send individual workstation audit data to enterprise ODBC compliant databases for advanced reporting requirements.
AUDIT captured data includes;
- Job Name (Job or Route name)
- Module Type (PRO or ROUTING)
- Destination Name (i.e. KFI, EMAIL, FTP, etc.)
- Input Filename (imported file name i.e. Sample.tif)
- Input Folder (the import folder)
- Output Filename (the output filename if applicable)
- Output Folder (the output folder)
- Output Email (Routing only)
- Output FTP Server (Routing only)
- File Type (i.e. PDF, TIF)
- File Size
- File Date
- Page Count
- Elapsed Time
- Rule Name (i.e. UNMATCHED, EXCEPTION)
- Processed By (Current login name)
- KFI Index File 1 (the primary index file path for output document – KFI only)
- KFI Index File 2 (the secondary index file path for output document – KFI only)
- Key Strokes (Operator indexing)
- Workstation Name (PC name)
- Operator Name (Current login name)
- Zone Errors (i.e. 5 field errors – only applies to Job + KFI processing)
- Scanner Settings (i.e. ADF, Duplex, 24Bit Colour – Jobs only)
- Applied image enhancements.
The BCR module is an optional module in the EzeScan Suite and adds barcode recognition functionality to EzeScan. This allows EzeScan workflows to use barcodes to be used for document separation. Both 1D and 2D barcodes are supported. Barcode values can also be used for data extraction with the optional INDEX module. Using a Barcode on a form highly automates scan workflows as barcoding has an very high success rate. EzeScan supports reading up to 25 different barcode fonts.
The BCR module has the following features.
- Works with the EzeScan Pro, KFI and SERVER modules
- The BCR module provides EzeScan with the ability to detect batch documents using barcodes
- Up to 27 barcodes types are supported:
- Any barcode orientation (horizontal, vertical, skewed)
- The barcode can be located anywhere (A) on the first page of each document
- Or the barcode can be located in top 1/3 (T) of the first page of each document
- Or the barcode can be located in middle 1/3 (M) of the first page of each document
- Or the barcode can be located in bottom 1/3 (B) of the first page of each document
- Or the barcode can be located in the corners (C) on the first page of each document
- Barcodes replicated on page 2 onwards are ignored, until barcode number changes to signify new document
- Includes ability to name images as barcode_number.tif
- With KFI module, provides ability to capture barcode_number as a KFI field index
- With OCR module, provides ability to capture barcode_number in text searchable pdf's
- Barcode extraction mask allows partial extraction of barcode value
- Recombine barcoded documents into one text searchable PDF
- Extract PD417 barcode fields into a CSV formatted text file
Please click here for the EzeScan BCR Brochure
The DISCOVERY module allows for the capability to use a single EzeScan Form Template to process documents that contain similar data but have different form layouts. The DISCOVERY module is ideally suited to processing Supplier Invoices where the invoices look different but they contain similar fields (e.g. Supplier Name, Invoice Number, Invoice Date and Invoice Amount). It can also be used to process forms where the form data is moving around because of page margin differences due to offset printing, scanner settings, photocopier type or settings, fax machine type or settings.
The DISCOVERY module is an optional module that requires EzeScan PRO & KFI
It's fully integrated within the product
Uses Intelligent Keyword searching to find information based on different form layouts
Popular for Supplier Invoices i.e. extracting field information like Supplier Name, Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Amount
Can also be used for structured forms that have a lot of movement, i.e. faxes or scanned from different sources
Click here for the EzeScan DISCOVERY Brochure
The ERC (Email Record Capture) module allows you to capture and process email as a record into supported EDRMS. Capture and index both header information and attachments seamlessly into your EDRMS, ensuring your compliance requirements are met.ERC enables capture of email header data, message body and supported attachments for both operator and automated processing. Output as individual .eml file plus attachments or as a multi page rendered PDF/A document.
EzeScan’s Email Record Capture Module provides:
- Batch processing of emails as records
- Power indexing capabilities, reducing your data entry and saving you time
- Automated or operator assisted workflows via EzeScan Server or Desktop
- Connect and import email from Mail Server via IMAP or POP3
- Output as native eml format, preserving integrity of header data and attachment formats
- Optionally output as rendered PDF/A text searchable file, combining both header data and supported attachment formats \
- Native integration with all EzeScan supported EDRM systems.
Please click here for the EzeScan ERC Brochure
ICR (intelligent character recognition i.e. handwriting recognition) is a tool that EzeScan utilises to read handwritten forms. The ICR module adds intelligent character (handwriting) recognition functionality to EzeScan. This allows EzeScan KFI to process handwritten characters in application/survey forms. The handrwriting is read by EzeScan and passed into our KFI module for operator verification.
The ICR module performs the following tasks.
- The ICR module is an optional module with EzeScan PRO & KFI
- It's fully integrated within the product
- The ICR module provides EzeScan KFI with the ability to perform zone based ICR
- ICR bitonal and colour images (colour images are converted to bitonal prior to ICR)
- ICR Confidence Threshold set at the zone level
- ICR Classifier set at the zone level
- Option to enhance (darken) the zone
- Option to remove character boxes from non dropout forms
- Option to remove combs from non dropout forms
- Option to aggressively despeckle the zone
Please click here for the EzeScan ICR Brochure
IDR (FORMS RECOGNITION)
The IDR (Intelligent Document Recognition) module can be used to sort forms before passing the forms to separate EzeScan workflows for processing. Each form is setup as a template and EzeScan performs a check on each page to determine which workflow the form belongs to.
The EzeScan Forms Recognition Module (IDR) is designed to recognise different types of forms and then sort them so they can be sent to the correct EzeScan job for processing. This module improves workflow as end users no longer need to manually pre-sort forms into separate batches of different document types before scanning.
How does it work?
The EzeScan operator sets up each different form in EzeScan as a template. When pages are scanned, EzeScan sends documents matching a particular template to the correct job. If a document is not matched it will be passed to an "unmatched" queue, for the operator to manually work through after scanning has been completed.
The EzeScan Forms Recognition module is an optional module with EzeScan PRO + KFI
INDEX (Formally KFI)
The INDEX module (also known as KFI - Key from image) allows EzeScan to be used as data entry application. Data can be typed, derived from recognition engines, or looked up from other systems or SQL compliant databases. INDEX workflows can be configured for operator entry, semi-automated or can be run as a fully automated process.
EzeScan ISIS (Image and Scanner Interface Specification Module) adds ISIS scanner support to EzeScan PRO.
EzeScan KIOSK converts an EzeScan PRO desktop installation to a workgroup kiosk (touch screen) interface. EzeScan KIOSK makes it easy to build your own customised scanning kiosk solution. The KIOSK mode is designed for a workgroup office envirnoment that has a requirement for users to login (via LDAP) and scan documents to their EzeScan supported KIOSK EDRMS system, email or network location. EzeScan KISOK can be hooked up to your TWAIN scanner or digital multi function device and you will then have a walk up scanning kiosk that is as simple to use as pressing one button.
EzeScan KIOSK mode runs with our job button interface. Up to 196 EzeScan job button workflows can be configured per EzeScan KIOSK PC. The Kiosk PC can have a touch screen monitor so the operator can perform scan processing by touching the screen, keyboard/mouse or both!
EzeScan KIOSK mode also offers the following functionality:
- LDAP authentication to login to the EzeScan application
- An inactivity timer can be configured to disconnect inactive login sessions
- Display EzeScan interface with larger icons (for touch screen friendlyness)
- Access to admin screens can be restricted by forcing EzeScan into kiosk mode
Please click here for the EzeScan KIOSK Brochure.
The LINES module enables EzeScan to extract the line item data from an invoice with great precision and speed.
The LINE ITEMS module is an optional module that requires EzeScan PRO & KFI & DISCOVERY
It's fully integrated within the product
Uses Intelligent Grid Row searching to find information based on different grid column layouts
Popular for Supplier Invoices i.e. extracting line item information like Description, Code, QTY, Price
Can be used on invoices with variable layout i.e. grid position moves and the number of grid columns and rows is not fixed
Line item row/column data is output in a CSV format
CSV data comprises 1 row of heading row data, followed by multiple rows of line items data.
Please click here for the EzeScan LINE ITEMS Brochure
The MICR module adds magnetic ink character recognition functionality to EzeScan. This allows EzeScan to process the MICR lines on the bottom line of bank cheques/checks. MICR (magnetic ink character recognition) is a recognition engine that EzeScan utilises to read the MICR line characters (bank branch bsb, account number, cheque number etc) printed in magnetic ink on the bottom of bank cheque/checks. The MICR characters are read by EzeScan and passed into our KFI module for operator verification.
The MICR module performs the following tasks.
- The MICR module is an optional module with EzeScan PRO & KFI
- It's fully integrated within the product
- The MICR module provides EzeScan KFI with the ability to perform zone based MICR
- MICR bitonal and colour images (colour images are converted to bitonal prior to MICR)
- MICR Confidence Threshold set at the zone level
- Option to enhance (darken) the zone
- Option to aggressively despeckle the zone
- Easily extract the cheque/check number, bank branch and bank account number details from the MICR line data.
Please click here for the EzeScan MICR Brochure.
The OMR module adds optical mark recognition functionality to EzeScan. This allows EzeScan INDEX to process tick boxes and radio buttons on application/survey forms. The EzeScan OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) Module adds support for reading a mark in a box or a circle. Optical Mark technology is very popular for automating the extraction of data from forms like questionaires, applications, surveys, feedback and so on.
With EzeScan OMR the operator can allow the setup of custom settings and group rules. For example:
- Data can have customised Hit/Miss values e.g. Yes/NO, True/False, 0/1, AMEX, VISA, etc
- Data can have a Not Applicable value. e.g. instead of True or False an NA value could be used.
- The OMR zones can be combined in a group rule. e.g For a question which has two answers 1) Yes or 2) No, this group can be configued so there can only be 1 hit. If there is 0 or 2 hits EzeScan will flag this as an exception so the operator can deal with later.
- The OMR output data is very customisable, EzeScan can simply output the hit values or all values for all check boxes. The output data can be defined in many different file formats, e.g. csv, txt, dat, xml or the data can also be uploaded into an ODBC compliant database using the EzeScan UPLOAD module.
The EzeScan OMR template form definition and management is simple to create and manage and can be done by any trained EzeScan administrator. This gives the operator the power to manage and deploy new forms within the business without the need of external professional services.
The EzeScan OMR module is an optional module with EzeScan PRO + KFI.
Please click here for the EzeScan OMR Brochure
The UPLOAD module adds the ability to upload documents into an EDRMS, ODBC compliant database, FTP, SMTP or WebDAV location. The UPLOAD module supports many popular EDRMS products. These connectors are maintained by EzeScan. This allows for an out of the box solution with your scanning application and EDRMS.
The UPLOAD module is an optional module in the EzeScan Suite. It allows EzeScan to upload images to an EDRMS system, ODBC database, FTP server or to send email via SMTP. EzeScan provides scanning solutions for the following third party products and transfer methods. Levels of integration may vary dependent on third party system capabilities. Please call to confirm. Some supported systems may require an API toolkit licence, licensed separately from the supported vendor. Please call to confirm.
- Alfresco Community/Enterprise 3.4.X / 4.0.X / 4.1.X
- Civica Authority 6.5 and above
- DocuWare 5.X / 6.X
- FTP, FTPS, SFTP
- Genie 8.5.X and above
- HP TRIM 6.2 and above
- HP RM 8.X / CM 9.X
- iManage Work
- Infor Pathways 3.08 / 3.09 / 3.10
- InfoRouter 8.X
- InfoXpert eDRMS
- Laserfiche 8.X / 9.X / 10.X
- Leap Legal Practice Management (Requires a third party ODBC driver)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 365
- MYOB AccountRight Live 2013.5 or above
- MYOB AccountRight Classic V19 (Requires MYOB ODBC driver)
- Objective 7.X / 8.X / 10.X
- ODBC compliant databases (e.g. Oracle and SQL Server)
- OpenText Content Suite 9.7.X / 10.X / 16.X
- OpenText eDOCS DM 5.X / 6.X / 10.X
- POP3 / SMTP / IMAP
- Sage 300 2014
- Shexie Medical System 6.1 and above
- TechnologyOne ECM 3.08 / 4.02 / 4.03 / 2016B
- TechnologyOne Financials 11.08 and above
- WebDAV compliant systems
- Xerox DocuShare 5.X / 6.X / 7.X
- Others via Plugin API Interface
* Trademarks belong to their respective owners.
EzeScan UPLOAD also includes EzeScan ARCHIVER as standard.
The EzeScan Developer plugin allows developers to create integration's between EzeScan and other document management systems. The Developer Plugin module allows 3rd party software developers to extend EzeScan by adding additional integration targets. A Plugin is compiled to a .Net DLL and can optionally provide EzeScan Job, Indexing or Upload operations as required. The Plugin itself implements the connection to the target system, thus allowing flexibility to use a REST API or some other communication protocol. The EzeScan Plugin SDK provides documentation and sample projects to allow developers to quickly build new integrations with other systems. An EzeScan Plugin can be deployed anywhere EzeScan is already installed, supported and licensed for the Plugin module.
Pease Note: We do not offer an API to embed EzeScan into third party products.